Jim regularly employs various astute methods to successfully resolve the firm’s clients’ claims as quickly and economically as possible. These include the following:
- Obtaining the dismissal of an alleged $200 million dollar groundwater pollution claim through summary judgment by demonstrating the client was not the successor-in-interest to the contamination liabilities caused by a predecessor corporation
- Obtaining insurance coverage for numerous clients after initial denial of insurance tender was issued by clents' insurance carriers
- Obtaining the dismissal of a multi-million dollar CERCLA claim through summary judgment by demonstrating that the client’s wastes were not CERCLA hazardous substances
- Obtaining a multi-million dollar settlement for the firm’s developer client by demonstrating an existing corporation was the successor-in-interest to the contamination liabilities caused by its predecessor corporation
- Obtaining complete recovery for past and future costs of investigation, remediation and attorneys’ fees for the firm’s property owner client by demonstrating that former tenants were jointly and severally liable under the property lease and RCRA
- Obtaining eviction of recalcitrant by successfully trying unlawful detainer action to force eviction
- Successfully prosecuting and defending breach of contract and mechanic's lien claim for general contractor client, obntaining substantial financial judgment in arbitration proceedings, and perfecting judgement in subsequent trial court and bankruptcy court proceedings.
Mr. Macdonald was a member of the law review and graduated sixth in his class.
Mr. Macdonald was formerly a senior associate with Sedgwick, Detert, Moran & Arnold. Mr. Macdonald also previously worked as a senior associate at Wood, Smith, Henning & Berman, and an associate with Anderson, McPharlin & Connors in Los Angeles, California.
Mr. Macdonald has been awarded the "AV" rating by the Martindale Hubbell Legal Directory, and his firm Bois & Macdonald has been awarded the “Preeminent” rating by Martindale Hubbell.
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
Supreme Court of California
Member, Environmental and Real Estate Law Sections, State Bar of California
Member, Environmental and Real Estate Law Sections, Orange County Bar Association
"AV" rated by Martindale-Hubbell.